Sunday, March 31, 2013

Processing

So I decided to put away my mixed media painting for now and work on a different type of painting.  Its a style that our gallery director liked and told me to reproduce for my final art show. 
I originally started the series during my painting course last fall as an experimentation with watercolors.   this winter I decided to add layers in acrylic and came up with pretty cool externlised version of my "inner conflicts" when thinking of my experience with cancer.  

To me cancer was a name for the pain and the chemo was a way to take away the pain.  Yes I realise now how close I was to death but it never felt like that at the time.    For me I came up with this saying that describes the paintings exactly, whther it came from somewhere idk but I consider it my own

" don't forget the past, but don't let it haunt the future"

No comments:

Post a Comment